Sunday, April 15, 2007

Trying very hard to stay positive....

So, why am I so upset lately? I've always wanted to live abroad. I am living abroad. Stationed in Japan, a very cool country. One thing about visiting the States, my old command made me realize, is I miss the States...
But I am homesick. I miss Hawaii, 'cause I hate the cold and because I knew where everything was. I miss my house. I miss my doxies having tan bellies. I miss American food, hearing English wherever I go. I don't necessarily miss my old command, I don't think I would be happy being stationed there again. Too many changes.
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I hate what I do. I am not doing my job. I am not a linguist! I am babysitting. I am mad that TPTB won't send linguists to Analyst school because they MAY not use their language, but have no problem sending us to a place where they KNOW we won't use our language.
Therefore, to deal with my ennui, my borderline depression, I have decided to do a few things for myself. First, I will work out everyday, without fail. Second, I will continue where I left off 6 months ago in learning Japanese. Third, I will refresh myself with Mandarin. Fourth, I will take better care of my Sailors, I will be a better Navy Chief. Fifth, and most important, I will remember that I have a hubby and a family who love me.

No comments: