Friday, May 11, 2007

The Big Three-Oh!

I was awake at midnight to usher in the end to my 20's and the beginning of the rest of my life. :D I had a moment (a big moment) to ponder my life thus far. When my mother was my age, she was divorcing my father and looking at single motherhood with two kids. She had an education, but nothing that would enable her to support her family. I have a happy marriage; two wonderful fur-kids; a house in Hawaii; two working, if old, Japanese cars; a burgeoning career; great co-workers; a college education; visited China; lived in Japan, Hawaii, California; Texas, D.C., Florida (ok, so only for 5 weeks there in the Sunshine State).... I have a lot to be thankful for, and I am. I am going to include some photos of birthdays past as a sort of montage to the big day.

My 25th B-day in 2002. Zaar was only 4 months old!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

More of my 25th b-day, heading in to my bro, Christian's b-day, which is the 12th. He is singing his lungs out in this pic. He is getting ready to PCS to Officer Training School in this picture. Then off to Korea and Germany, amongst other places.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

11-12 May 2002. Later on that night/morning. All of us at AnnaBanana's. From L-R: Ed, Ant, Me, Christian, Mike; (back row, L-R) Jimmy, Other Guy, and Ken.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My 26th B-day, 11 May 2003. We now had a 16-month old Zaar and a 11-month old D. J.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well, there you have it. Some of my 20s captured on camera for all to see.

No comments: