Saturday, July 7, 2007

Sleep, Glorious, Delicious SLEEP!

Well, I made it safely to Pensacola, Florida! Man, was that a trek. 26 hours, 3 planes, 2 checked bags, and 1 carry-on, and I am here. I have amassed a 32 hour sleep deficit. You'd think I'd have been able to sleep on the 13 hour plane ride to Atlanta from Tokyo! Nope, I had an annoying Brazilian teenager pounding on the back of my seat. And, not wanting to start an international incident, I just went with it.
SO, I get to P-cola, get my rental car, get to base (without getting lost, pretty great for me!), get to billeting, get my room (actually it is a suit, a bedroom, a kitchen, and a sitting area) and it is now midnight. I crawl into bed and blissfully fall asleep. Next thing I know, my wrist watch alarm is going off. Now that thing is set for 0400 Japan time. I'm like, there is no fricken way it is 2pm! I finally take my eye mask off, yep, 2 pm! WTF! I've gotta get up, in a minute. Next thing I know it is 330 pm. I'd fallen asleep again! 15.5 hours of sleep and at 8pm on Friday, a mere 4.5 hours after I'd gotten out of bed, I am ready for bed again.

No comments: